Navigation

07 January, 2012

White Album 2 Closing Chapter (3)

Cleared it about a week ago actually, just didn't get around to writing a post about it.

Overall, this may very well be Maruto's greatest work ever.

It keeps the general themes of White Album (winter, singing, love triangle) intact while being something completely different.

The first three routes were all fantastic (unrelated but I liked Chiaki's the most), and Setsuna's route in Coda was great. Unfortunately both of Kazusa's routes (i.e. the grand finale to the whole thing) were a bit disappointing. During and after IC I was totally more for Kazusa than Setsuna, but somehow the delays to CC, the novel that came with it, and the entire second part with her not around resulted in me being unable to empathise with Haruki in Kazusa's routes. Eh.

Oh and the drama CDs and books? Just stick them in the game damn it (I know the books are included in digital form in the game but I mean REALLY make them part of the game).

Overall... I enjoyed Parfait more, really. Don't get me wrong, White Album 2's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. But eh, love triangles and bad endings aren't really my thing. So yeah, I enjoyed Parfait more.

No comments:

Post a Comment