Finally arrived, plan on finishing it tonight.
Thoughts so far...
「俺 の得意技は火付けと壊しだ。おまえらが必死に崇めてる、くだらんオカルト装置など、五秒でぶざまなガラクタの山に変えてやる。哀れっぽく懇願してみろ。 『やめてくれ、これは僕らの希望なんだ』だのと。俺はおまえらの泣き喚く姿がぜひ見たい。めそめそと、卑しく、『僕らはこんなに傷ついてるんだ、こんな世 界消えてしまえ』だのと言い訳してみろ。きっと絵になるぞ。すべて録画して、全世界に配信してやる。さらしものにして、百年先まで笑いものにしてやる。覚 悟しておけ!」
↑ Five bucks says that someday this'll be used on Gendou or Barbem in Suparobo.
Oh right, I'm trying something new, hover your cursor over the text and you should be able to see it in English (translation: me).
Edit:
Finished the book.
It was good.
Very good.
Most of the stuff turned out how I thought it would (like none of the people with the weird flags dying, or Sousuke hopping out of the Laevatein with the rocket launcher, and ending at the graduation ceremony) but that's a good thing in this case. The battles were also awesome, what with the cruise missile + LD canceller combo and firing the demolition gun without activating the Lambda Driver and headbutt vulcans and of course Sousuke jumping out of the robot to finish off the Belial with a rocket launcher (though I expected something like that when the rocket launcher was mentioned in the previous book).
The Belial's new weapon seemed kind of pointless, though. Only possible point I see to it getting that is to prevent people from slapping it to death with attacks from outside its range in Suparobo. And knowing Gato, I'm probably right about that too.
Shiro's insertion was kind of unnatural but is of course preferable to him getting nuked.
Judging from that short exchange with Ben, Gato's totally planning on doing a short for Lee's past. That's nice and all but I'd personally like to see stuff taking place after the ending.
Ben's "I'M GONNA QUIT MY JOB AND MOVE TO AKIHABARA AND LEARN JAPANESE AND BECOME A TRANSLATOR!" was funny.
Anyway, yeah, I plan on going through all of Furumeta from the very beginning once again sometime in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment