Navigation

02 November, 2010

Fallout: New Vegas (4)

So, went back and loaded my last non-corrupted save and cleared my second playthrough.

Character this time was a diplomat type with 100 speech and barter. Put the rest of my points mostly into sneak, energy weapons and unarmed. Took a bunch of DT, energy weapon and unarmed-related perks which ended up as a kind of half-assed combination. Eh.

The ballistic fist is overpowered enough without unarmed stuff boosting it, I think. Should've poured more perks into energy weapons and other stuff.

Anyway, I take back everything bad I said about the final battle being boring (I didn't say anything here, but did on other places, FYI).

In my first playthrough I was supporting Mr. House and kind of killed everyone else so it was just the Securitrons helping me out which kind of sucked because even though there was supposed to be a fucking army of them there were only, what, six of them with me at any one time, max? And they didn't even follow me into the legate's camp which was fucking stupid. Granted, stepping back and watching them vapourize Oliver was pretty cool, but nowhere near the sheer awesome of Liberty Prime and the orbital bombardment of Adams AFB in 3.

This time, however.

I was supporting the NCR and got some other people to help out. The Brotherhood of Steel and Great Khans showed up but didn't do much, but then the boomers swooped in on that fucking bomber and razed the place AND THEN THE FUCKING ENCLAVE REMNANTS DROPPED IN ON THEIR VERTIBIRD AND BLEW THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYTHING. That was just plain fucking awesome (especially since I was decked out in Tesla Armour and my companions were Arcade in remnant armour and ED-E.

Pictorial spoiler warning.




















THE FUCKING ENCLAVE

And since that's there I'm not going to bother with hiding text spoilers from here on.

Judah just kind of stayed around where the Vertibird dropped them off and Moreno wandered off somewhere, but everyone else (including, for some reason, a second Henry who just kind of popped out of nowhere; Hooray for bugs) followed me into the Legate's camp and proceeded to just kind of help me tear the place apart.

That was awesome.

I forgot to take photos of my stats and stuff from this playthrough, will do so later, maybe.

I've already started on my third playthrough. Playing an evil character this time, planning to support the Legion. Going to be using only melee weapons (not unarmed) and maybe some explosives.

Edit: Oh, right, and if you're wondering about my gamer cards, I've had the 360 and PS3 offline ever since I was redecorating the bedroom the other day because the cable was getting in the way. I really ought to get round to plugging them back in.


Edit: Stats.








No comments:

Post a Comment